1. Read the Visits Policy and the school trips check list
2. Complete a trip outline form (check the shared calendar to see if the date you are proposing has already been booked)
3. Email your trip outline form to Tara Magee (email@example.com)
4. You will receive clarification as to whether or not your trip can go ahead
5. Once your trip has been agreed, you can make bookings with the venue
6. Liaise with Louise Watson in the school office to set up SIMS Agora and or to book transport (firstname.lastname@example.org)
7. TWO WEEKS before the trip is due to take place, complete your risk assessment and email it to Tara. (email@example.com)
Consider the risk of a terrorist threat, read the following for more information:
8. Your trip can go ahead once the risk assessment has been agreed
9. Remember to sign your class out at the school office when you leave making a note of which children you are leaving behind and which adults you are taking
10. Ensure that the school office knows which mobile phone number to contact you on.
11. Remember to make a note of any incidents or near misses that have taken place on your trip – this is so that we can ensure others don’t make the same mistakes.
If you require any further help or support with planning a trip, please do see Tara in the deputies office. Thank you!