Reviewed by: Ian Hyde, September 2020
|Primary PE Sport Grant Awarded|
|Total number of pupils eligible|
|Total amount of PPSG received in 2019-20||£21,080|
|Total amount of PPSG received in 2020-21||£12,285|
|Total amount of PPSG due for 2020-21||£21,060|
|The purpose of this grant is to improve the provision of PE and sport so that all pupils develop positive active attitudes and healthy lifestyles.|
Sports and physical development are a very high priority at Kelvin Grove and we recognise the importance of this area to well-being, confidence, self-esteem and health. We are very proud of our achievements in all areas of sport.
Kelvin Grove has mainly used this grant to fund coaches to develop specialisms and work alongside teachers to improve the quality of PE teaching and developing sporting talent. In addition coaches support at lunchtime and after school organising games to ensure that the children are actively engaged in sport throughout the extended day. The short fall in funding this provision is made up from the school budget. We believe this is the best possible use of this funding for our school community as it ensures every child has the opportunity to take part in sports activities every day.
We have also funded football coaching for our football teams. We fund swimming lessons for all our pupils in Year 4 to enable them to become competent swimmers.
|Summary of PPSG 2019 – 2020|
|Objectives of spending PPSG:|
• To improve the provision of PE at Kelvin Grove Primary School
• Broaden the sporting opportunities and experience available to pupils so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles
• To develop a love of sport and physical activity
|Record of PPSG spending by item/project 2019-2020|
PE teacher, PE teaching assistant and PE coach
Extended provision specialist coaches
|1. To support the school in producing a high quality action plan and achieve the targets|
2. To train teachers to teach PE to reception, Year 1 and Year 6
3. To mentor the teaching assistants to support effectively in PE lessons
4. To coach the school hockey/football teams
5. To develop extended provision in Street Dance, Soccer Skills, Football, Little Athletics, Hockey
|All children get at least one session of PE by sports coach per fortnight.|
Children participate in a minimum of three 40 minute PE lessons per fortnight.
Club offers will continue when COVID restrictions allow
|Total PPSG received||£21,080|
|Total PPSG expenditure||£21,080|