Wednesday 16th June 2021
Dear Parents and Carers,
Re: Secondary transfer Zoom calls
As part of our transition work this term, we would like our current Year 6 children to hear first-hand from previous KG pupils about their own transitions to a range of local secondary schools. We would like to do 15 minute zoom interviews with groups of previous KG pupils discussing their transitions to secondary school, including any advice they have for our current Y6 children and if they would do anything differently now that they are older.
We will record the videos, save them on our school secure server and share them with the current Y6 children. The videos will not be shared on the school website; or on any of the school’s social media channels; or display any of the children’s names.
During the zoom calls we will have two members of KG staff present. Please can you ensure the following protocol is followed as closely as possible:
- Children to wear their secondary school uniform
- Have an adult in the room with them
- Where possible, ensure that children are located in an appropriate shared space and not in a private location (e.g. bedroom)
- Ensure that recording takes place in a quiet place where there will be no background conversations taking place
- Ensure that recording takes place in a location that has a neutral background and where no personal information is visible.
We will carry out the zoom calls w.b. 28th June 2021 between 4-4:30pm. Please could you reply using the below link to give your consent to your child taking part. Once we receive the responses, we will contact you with a zoom link and time slot.
Year 6 Teachers