Friday 11th November 2021
Dear Parents / Carers,
Nethercott Farm Visit, 15th -19th November 2021
We are only a few days away from our trip! Below are some final reminders:
- Departure – This will be promptly at 6:45am so it is very important for the children to be at school by 6:15am. A packed lunch is required for the journey –no sweets, nuts or fizzy drinks are allowed. If your child gets travel sickness, please give them medication prior to arrival at school and inform a member of staff that this has been done. Please provide additional medication if you would like this to be given on the journey back. A member of staff will contact the school when the coach arrives at Nethercott.
- COVID Precautions – The farm has put extra cleaning and disinfecting measures in place. To ensure your child is fit for travel, we ask that you give them a lateral flow test on Sunday prior to our departure. If this test comes back positive, you must inform the school.
- Medication – Medication must be handed over to an adult prior to departure. Do not put medication in your child’s luggage.
- Clothing and Equipment – Please ensure clothing and belongings are named to avoid loss. Remember to provide a labelled bin liner to bring home dirty outerwear. If children want to wear hats, gloves or scarves out on the farm, they should bring a second pair to wear inside or for outdoor play. Please do not pack any food or treats in your child’s luggage – these will be confiscated. See the back of this letter for a packing list. The farm has also asked for each child to bring a reusable water bottle labelled with their name
- Mobile Phones and Devices – No mobile phones are allowed on the journey. Children may bring other devices for the coach ride. These will be safely stored at Nethercott until our return.
- Emergency Contacts – this can be made through:
- the Nethercott Office 01837810025
- the Kelvin Grove Office 02086996300
- Photos and Blog – Every day, we will post one photo of each working group with a short blog about what the children did on the farm that day. At the end of the trip, we will upload a full photo album that you can look at with your child.
- Return – We expect to be back at school around 8:00 pm on Friday (19th November). All children will need to be collected by an adult. The school will text to advise you of any changes and keep you updated on our arrival time
The Year 6 Team