Thursday 13th January 2022
Dear Year 2 Parents and Carers,
RE: Great Fire of London Workshop – Monday 17th January
The Year 2 children are really enjoying their ‘Out of the Ashes’ topic on the Great Fire of London and we are very fortunate to be welcoming staff from The Museum of London to do a free interactive workshop with the children on Monday 17th January.
The children will be having a 45-minute interactive session in their classes with a member of staff, which will be a good opportunity for them to learn more about life in London in the 1600s.
The following precautions are being taken with the current level of covid-19 cases:
- Staff member from The Museum of London (MOL) to take a lateral flow test on the morning of Monday 17th January.
- Children to be socially distanced from member of staff from MOL.
- The largest Year 2 classroom to be used, with good ventilation.
- MOL staff member to wear face covering at all times apart from when presenting to children.
The Museum of London are not currently welcoming schools but is still open to the general public with free pre-booked tickets. If you are interested, they offer the following for free Wednesday-Sunday:
- War, Plague and Fire Gallery at the museum https://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/museum-london/permanent-galleries/war-plague-fire
- Interactive walk for primary aged children and their families, tickets free and bookable on selected dates between 15.01.22 and 26.02.22 https://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/museum-london/event-detail?id=73409
And these online games:
- Great Fire of London game https://www.fireoflondon.org.uk/game/
- Great Fire of London Minecraft game https://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/discover/great-fire-1666
We hope your children enjoy their interactive talk next week and if you have any questions about the session or additional activities, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your continued support,
Year 2 team
Mrs Satchwell, Ms Sutcliffe, Mrs Davey, Mrs Clark and Mr Murray.