24th January 2023
Dear Parents and carers
Get ‘Tax-Free’ Government Funded Childcare Support for Your Childcare Needs and Activities
Did you know that you can receive up to £2,000 Tax-Free Childcare (per child) by registering with HM Government Childcare Choices (and up to £4,000 per annum if your child is disabled).
Kelvin Grove parents and carers can save money by using this service to pay for our ClubXtra, Breakfast Club, enrichment clubs and residential trips.
For every £8 you spend the Government will add £2 to your account making your money go much, much further!
You can also use this service to pay for holiday camps and other childcare services outside of Kelvin Grove.
Who should apply for Tax-Free Childcare – Save 20% of your Childcare Costs?
- Working families, including the self-employed, in the UK
- earning under £100k and at least £152 per week (equal to 16 hours at the National Minimum or Living Wage) each
- who aren’t receiving Tax Credits, Universal Credit or childcare vouchers
- with children aged 0-11 (or 0-16 if disabled)
- for every £8 you pay into your online account, the government will add an extra £2 (up to £2,000 per child per year).
For full details and how to apply online please visit
Finding the Right Option for your Family to Save Money on Your Childcare Needs
If you are not eligible for Tax-Free Childcare there are other Government options available to help you save money on your childcare costs.
Universal Credit for Childcare – Save up to 85% off Your Childcare Costs
Who should apply for this option?
- Working families claiming Universal Credit
- with children under 17*
- who aren’t receiving Tax-Free Childcare
- claim up to 85% of eligible childcare costs.
Tax Credits for Childcare – Existing Tax Credits Customer – Save 70% off Your Childcare Costs
Who should apply for this
- working families, in the UK
- with children under 16 (or under 17 if disabled)
- claim 70% of childcare costs, capped at £122.50 a week for one child or £210 for two or more – depending on your income.
Support While you Study
You can apply for a Childcare Grant if you’re in full-time higher education to pay for childcare costs for children under 15 (or under 17 if they have special needs).