Wednesday 23rd February 2023
Dear Parents and Carers,
RE: Trip to Nethercott Farm – Monday 24th April – Friday 28th April 2023
We are getting closer to our trip to Nethercott Farm!
Here is some important information:
- Medical – Please complete the online medical form that can be found on the school website (https://kelvingrove.lewisham.sch.uk/curriculum/school-trips/). These need to be completed by Friday 24th March 2023. If you need to speak to one of us regarding anything medical, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All medication must be handed over to an adult on the morning of departure. Do not put medication in your child’s luggage.
- Wellies – Wellies need to be brought into school to Mrs. Campbell by Wednesday 19th April 2023 at the latest. Please bring them in a labelled carrier bag. Children will be asked to show that they can easily slide them on and off as this is an important part of health and safety on the farm.
- Pocket Money – Please put pocket money in a marked envelope and hand it in to Mrs. Campbell by Wednesday 19th April 2023. There will be an opportunity on the Thursday afternoon to buy a few items from Nethercott Farm. Children can bring anything from £5.00 – £20.00.
- Clothing and Equipment – Please find attached a clothing list. Ensure clothing and belongings are named to avoid loss. Remember to provide a labelled bin liner to bring home dirty clothing. If children want to wear hats, gloves or scarves out on the farm, they should bring a second pair for outdoor play.
- Mobile Phones and Electronic Devices – No mobile phones or electronic devices are not permitted on the trip.
- Rucksack – The children will need to bring a bag/rucksack with them on the coach with a snack, drink and any other items they might need to bring to occupy their time whilst on the coach.
- Wellington boots* – please make sure they are at least one size bigger than their original shoe size
- A warm winter coat – warm enough for outdoor play and large enough for jumpers/ sweatshirts to be worn underneath
- Old trainers for OUTDOOR wear
- Slippers/sliders with proper soles for INDOOR wear
- At least five pairs of trousers/jeans/tracksuit bottoms/leggings
- T- Shirts, vest, thermals, jumpers, sweatshirts
- Underwear and socks for one week
- A few pairs of extra socks
- Nightwear (and a dressing gown if room)
- Wash bag – soap/shower gel, shampoo, flannel, toothbrush, toothpaste, brush/comb, etc
- A bath towel
- Re-fillable water bottle
- Hair bands for long hair
- A scarf, gloves and a hat (2 hats if you plan on wearing one on the farm)
It is very important that children bring sensible, adequate clothing – plenty of normal old clothes as the children will get dirty!
All clothing should be packed in ONE case or bag AND please send your child with at least ONE large labelled BIN LINER for dirty clothes.
PLEASE ENSURE ALL CLOTHING IS LABELLED (initials will do)
Below is a handy information pack where you can find some extra information.
The Nethercott Team