Monday 20th March 2023
Dear Parents / Carers,
Re: Nethercott House Farm Visit, 24th April – 28th April 2023
We are getting very close to our trip to Nethercott Farm! It is essential that you read the final reminders and information below.
- Wellies – Wellies need to be brought into school (to Mrs. Campbell) by Wednesday 19th April 2023 at the latest. Please bring them in a labelled carrier bag. The wellies need to be labelled on in the inside of each boot. Children will be asked to show that they can easily slide them on and off as this is an important part of health and safety on the farm. They also need to be long. Please see the image below.
- Pocket Money – Please put pocket money in a marked envelope (no purses) and hand it in to Mrs. Campbell by Wednesday 19th April 2023. There will be an opportunity on Thursday afternoon to buy a few items from Nethercott Farm. Children can bring anything from £5.00 – £20.00.
- Departure – This will be promptly at 6:45am so it is very important for the children to be at school at 6:15am. Please make sure that your child has eaten breakfast before they arrive at school. We will be having two stops on the way to Nethercott Farm – a snack stop and then lunch. A healthy snack and lunch are required for the journey –no sweets, nuts or fizzy drinks are allowed. If your child gets travel sick, please give them medication prior to arrival at school and inform a member of staff that this has been done. Please provide additional medication if you would like this to be given on the journey back.
- Medication – Medication must be handed to a member of school staff on Monday 24th April 2023 on the morning of departure. Do not put medication in your child’s luggage.
- Clothing and Equipment – Please ensure clothing and belongings are named to avoid loss. Remember to provide a labelled bin liner to bring home dirty clothes. If children want to wear hats, gloves or scarves out on the farm, they should bring a second pair to wear for outdoor play. Children HAVE to have slippers or crocs (or similar) for wearing inside the house – they CANNOT be flipflops.
- Named refillable water bottle – all pupils need to bring a refillable water bottle to Nethercott. This has to be named.
- Suitcase/large holdall – Please ensure your child’s name is clearly visible on their suitcase/holdall – a tag is fine.
- Rucksack – The children will need to bring a bag/rucksack with them on the coach with their packed lunch (as detailed above) and any other items they might need to bring to occupy their time whilst on the coach. Please make sure that there are no very small items as they are tricky to keep a track of onboard the coach!
- Mobile Phones and Devices – No mobile phones or devices are permitted on the trip. If your child is found with one, it will be removed and returned as we arrive back at Kelvin Grove on Friday 28th April.
- Treats – No sweets or treats will be allowed on the trip and any food found in children’s luggage will be confiscated and returned when we arrive back at Kelvin Grove.
- Photos and Blog – Every day we will post one photo of each working group with a short blog about what the children did on the farm that day. At the end of the trip, we will upload a full photo album that you can look at with your child.
- Arrival – You will receive a text to confirm our arrival at Nethercott House.
- Return – We expect to be back at school around 6:30pm on Friday 28th April. All children will need to be collected by an adult. The school will text to advise you of any changes and keep you updated on our arrival time.
- Emergency Contacts – this can be made through: Nethercott Farm Office – 01837 810025/the Kelvin Grove Office – 020 8699 6300
Please click on the link below to read the clothing list:
The Nethercott Team