Our aim is for all pupils at Kelvin Grove to achieve their highest potential both socially and academically, as part of an inclusive learning community preparing them for the future.
Kelvin Grove is a large and increasingly popular school that successfully caters for a broad and diverse range of pupils including the most able pupils as well as those with special educational needs or disabilities, as recognised in our Ofsted inspection.
The Governing Body brings together parents, representatives from the local community, and people with relevant expertise, to help set the direction for Kelvin Grove, provide practical support and hold the school to account.
We, as Governors, work with the school’s leadership team to ensure every pupil receives an outstanding education. For us, this means a continuing strong focus on the core curriculum (reading, writing and maths) but without compromising on access to a broader curriculum so that every pupil has the chance to develop a love of learning across a range of subjects. We are proud of our music provision (including instrument tuition, a school orchestra, choir and band), our developing extra-curricular activities including sports and performing arts, and our excellent school trips.
As a parent with two children at the school, I am really proud of the education they are receiving and the friends they are making at Kelvin Grove and I am committed to working with the Governing Body and the school’s leadership team to ensure that all parents feel the same.
Please contact me if you have any questions.
Chair of Governors
At Kelvin Grove we want our children to feel challenged and successful, autonomous and sensitive to others and proud to be part of an inclusive learning community which is preparing them for the future. We aim to provide an excellent education through a curriculum and learning environment which is stimulating, aspirational, creative and enjoyable so as to enable all our children to achieve their highest potential.
OUR AIM IS THAT, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH YOU, YOU WILL LEAVE OUR SCHOOL HAVING HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- achieve an excellent standard in English and maths so that you will be well prepared for learning at secondary school;
- learn about history, science, languages, other cultures and traditions which will give you the foundations for future learning and engagement with the world around you;
- develop your wider skills beyond the main curriculum through sport, the arts and technology;
- study in the local and wider community and to experience high quality residential visits;
- develop resilience, self-respect and emotional well-being and have regular opportunities to be a leader as well as part of a team;
- make strong and lasting friendships and have a happy and rewarding education free from prejudice and intimidation;
- develop a life-long love of learning;
- become a confident, aspirational and independent individual who takes responsibility for your actions and understands your role in your community and in the wider world.
Parent Governor Statement Child’s Name: Miriam Marlee-Collins (Indigo Class) I am standing for election as a parent governor because: I am a parent of Miriam,
Parent Governor Statement Child’s Name: Daniel & Cameron Tough (Brass & Jade classes) I am standing for election as a parent governor because: I have
Chaif of Governors
Parent Governor Statement Child’s Name: Alex & Lucas Strom (Orchid & Magenta classes) I am standing for election as a parent governor because: I am
Parent Governor Statement Child’s Name: Isabella Whitty (Jade class) I am standing for election as a parent governor because: …I am passionate about our children’s
Local Authority Governor