Recently I have written to you all about a number of incidents where there have been attempts to abduct children in the local area. I have also received reports of worrying behaviour of adults outside schools and in local parks. I know it is not a great subject to start our newsletter with when there is so much wonderful work going on, but I really want us to take this seriously and consider how your children travel to and from school, where they play at the weekends and after school, and how you talk to them about what to do if they are worried or concerned about a situation.
In school we are trying hard to relaunch some of our clubs this term but there will be limited spaces so please be patient and there will be more spaces available in the September term.
If you are planning a holiday as lockdown restrictions come to an end, please avoid doing this in term time. Time in school learning is so so precious at the moment. If you travel abroad remember that isolation restrictions are still in force from most countries on return so even if you go away in the half term week your child may have to miss two weeks of school which cannot be authorised.
Wishing you all a relaxing weekend.
Thank you to MAx and Lori
We are running a small selection of mostly sports clubs for the Summer term with the intention to have clubs fully up and running from September. To book clubs for this term, please read the letter here: CLUB LETTER. If any clubs do not have enough interest, we will unfortunately have to cancel them and issue you a full refund or an alternative club place.
So that we can ensure we are offering the range of clubs children would be interested in for September, we will be sending home a questionnaire later in the term. The questionnaire will ask you and your child what you think about current clubs and what you would like to see on offer for September. We will then use this information to build our club offer and send the information to you before the end of the Summer term.
Exciting News – Kelvin Grove Children and Family Centre is launching its Community Supermarket in June.
You can read more on the attached flyer here: KGEB Supermarket
The following sessions are planned for the coming weeks:
- Babies & Crawlers at Eliot Bank on Mondays 10.00-11.30
- Adventure Time (soft play) at Eliot Bank on Mondays 13.00-14.30
- Latino Bambino Toddlers 9.30-10.15 & Latino Bambino Babies 10.15-11.00 at Eliot Bank on Tuesdays
- Story Telling Puppet Show at Eliot Bank on Wednesdays 10.00-11.30
- Messy Play at Eliot Bank on Thursdays 10.00-11.30
- Baby Massage at Eliot Bank on Fridays 9.45-10.45 Four week course starting on 11/06/202
- L.I.F.E. Cooking Sessions for mums aged 16-35 at Eliot Bank on Fridays 11.00-13.15
- KGEB Mini Food Bank at Kelvin Grove on Wednesdays 12.30-14.00 – We would appreciate any food donations to help families in need
- Family Support Advice at Kelvin Grove on Tuesdays 10.00-12.00
- Employment & Training at Kelvin Grove on Thursdays 10.00-12.00
- Free Legal Advice to book an appointment call 0208 325 4600. Telephone call consultation.
- Mama & Papa workout with Ng on Tuesdays and Thursdays 10.00-11.00 via Zoom from the comfort of your home for £15 per calendar month. Book your sessions HERE
And lastly, it is the time of year to book your place for our Annual Seaside Trip to Westbrook Bay on Thursday 19th August 2021. You can read more information here: SEASIDE TRIP
Half Term Soccer School
Creative Dance Classes
Creative Dance Classes for Children are back live at the Sydenham Centre, 44A Sydenham Rd, London SE26 5QX from Wednesday 21st April and will run for 12 weeks until 14th July, with half term break (no class) on 2nd June.
Class 1 (3-5 year olds) 4.00 – 4.45 pm Class 2 (6-10 year olds) 5.00 – 6.00 pm
Affordable, fun and creative activity for your child! Wonderful opportunity for children to have fun dancing with professional dancers experienced in working with children in a safe and friendly environment, with children’s creativity and development at the heart of our activities. Dance develops confidence, co-ordination and imagination, improves fitness, concentration and communication skills, whilst having fun and meeting new friends. Come and have fun dancing with Mala CHERGA Theatre!